16k flite voices

Hi,

I tried to send this message to David Mehler, who I believe is on this
list, but my message got bounced, something about security.rr.com.  Well,
I think other people on this list may be interested in this, so I am
sending it to the list.

So far, I haven't had a chance to try putting new voices into flite, but I
did get the 16k kal voice to work.  If this is good, all you have to do is
to simply download flite and eflite the way you normally do, then compile
flite normally.  Now compile eflite like this:

./configure --with-vox=cmu_us_kal16

This will cause Kal16 to be the voice used by eflite.
HTH.

Lorenzo

Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the
grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin
charging at them in excess of 100mph.  They'd be a lot more careful about what
they say if they had.
	-- Linus Torvalds, announcing Linux v2.0