Information for Mutt users

Hi,
I just would like to get an information about Mutt.
If I write HTML code into an e-mail message, and the recipient uses Outlook
express, does he receive the code in text/plain or does outlook read it as
HTML?
This is quite urgent, because I must play a small trick to a friend and if
Mutt does not convert the code, my trick will fail
thanks for all!
Jois
PS: the default editor I am using for mutt is joe.