Re: Linux by console?

Hi,

Using your method of reading dumb terminal output as a file within the BNS,
how do you cope when the file fills up?  I used to have a Versabraille in
1982, which had a small memory area which you could use as a scrollable text
window for dumb terminal use.  when the area was full, the VB issued the
hand-shaking X-Off, or hardware equivalent to stop the remote machine sending
anymore output while you read the contents of the buffer.  You could then
re-start the flow when you were ready, and it scrolled through the memory
discarding the portion you'd already read.  I recently tried to set up the
same kind of solution on my Braille-Lite M20, but couldn't find a way of
getting it to discard lines I had already read without deleting the whole
buffer.

Also, its worth bearing in mind that (according to the FreedomScientific
sete), the programs (like their terminal emulator) written for BnS, and for
early Braille-Lite models, don't work on the Millennium series.

Regards,

Tim Pennick

This post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily
accurately represent the views of BT.