flite voices

I just compiled Flite from source.  WOW!  It actually compiles on RH9!
However, I can't seem to change the voice.  It comes with kal and kal16.
I want kal16, but I keep getting kal.  I even tried renaming the kal
library in the /usr/local/lib directory, but it still found it somehow.
Of course, this voice sounds terrible, and I want the good version that it
took almost two hours to compile.  Someone asked this question on one of
the lists I'm on, but I don't recall if there was an answer.  Is there a
way to do this?  Was I supposed to edit a file before compiling?  Is there
a file I can edit now to change the default behaviour of flite?

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Besides, its really not worthwhile to use more than two times your physical
ram in swap (except in a select few situations). The performance of the system
becomes so abysmal you'd rather heat pins under your toenails while reciting
Windows95 source code and staring at porn flicks of Bob Dole than actually try
to type something.
	-- seen on c.o.l.development.system, about the size of the swap space