Re: Install Slackware via network with BRLTTY

Yes!  Speakup will run on Slackware 9.0.  In fact, it is what I am running
on both of my computers at the moment, although I may go to RH on my
laptop soon.  Just pop the CD into the drive and boot the comp.  Then,
when the CD stops spinning, simply type:

speakup.i speakup_synth=mysynth

where mysynth is the name of your synth.

Works beautifully for me.  You also might, if you are not too
uncomfortable with compiling your kernel once you get it installed, want
to try the latest CVS speakup.  There is a checkout script on
ftp://ftp.linux-speakup.org/pub/speakup that will patch it in for you.

Lorenzo

People disagree with me.  I just ignore them.
	-- Linus Torvalds, regarding the use of C++ for the Linux kernel

Brent Harding staggered into view and mumbled: