Re: editing the bash command line

You can set vi editing mode in bash, something like
set -o vi
But I'd have to look it up to be sure.

But if you are used to ksh, why switch?  Just make sure
the pdksh package is installed, and change your shell
via the chsh utility.  You might have to make sure
ksh is listed in /etc/shells, if the package installer
doesn't do it for you, for chsh to allow that shell.

I used to be a ksh user, till I discovered zsh, which
is a great superset of ksh and all the other shells;
you might want to take a look at that, too.

LCR

--
L. C. Robinson
reply to no_spam+munged_lcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

People buy MicroShaft for compatibility, but get incompatibility and
instability instead.  This is award winning "innovation".  Find
out how MS holds your data hostage with "The *Lens*"; see
"CyberSnare" at http://www.netaction.org/msoft/cybersnare.html