Re: Fetchmail help

Martin,

You don't need any options with fetchmail. You do need to set up your
.fetchmailrc file. Note that tis filename begins with a period. The file
should contain lines like the following:

set daemon 900
poll [server]  proto pop3
user [myname]  pass [mypassword]

The first line tells fetchmail to run as a daemon. The number at the end
is the number of seconds between the times that fetccmail checks for mail.

The second line tells fetchmail to poll your mail server and look for a
POP3 account.

The third line gives your username and password.

If you have more than one account, you can repeat the second and third
lines for each account, with appropriate changes.

I had a lot of trouble figuring out all this from the verbose man page for
fetchmail when I started, so I'm glad to help someone else get going.

John

 On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Odd Martin
Baanrud wrote:

> Can someone give me a list of options that I need to use with fetchmail?

Computers to Help People, Inc.
http://www.chpi.org
825 East Johnson; Madison, WI 53703