Re: ext2 v ext3 ?

Thanks for that info.  I made the changes and it's working!  I do notice
that rm on long files is slower than with ext2!

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Luke Yelavich wrote:

-Yes you can, and it can still be mounted when you do it.
-
-Firstly, execute the following command
-
-# tune2fs -j /dev/hdxx (I.E hda1, hdb2 etc.)
-Then, edit your /etc/fstab file to change the filesystem type from ext2 to
-ext3.
-
-It is that easy. Next reboot, you will be using ext3.
-
-Luke.
-