Re: textmode not going away and mime security (was: Re: .mailcapand mutt

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Lee Maschmeyer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I find myself puzzled here. Mutt is a popular mailer on this list, yet
> it is characterized as not doing a decent job of handling a very popular
> type of message. As it happens, I can't use Pine because it doesn't
> support POP (at least it looks that way from where I am on the steep
> learning curve).

Pine does support pop3.  See help on folder lists.  For example, a remote
POP3 folder can be accessed with {foo.bar.com/service=POP3} .

But better yet you should consider using fetchmail which will retrieve your
remote mail and store it locally, then you'll be able to use whatever mail
agent on your local mail folder.

Nicolas