Re: Need your help with Linux.

Hi Anders,

As far as I know you'll have to use a boot disk - actually two of them -
to get the Red Hat install started. The brltty web site
(mielke.cc/brltty) has instructions on how to create the boot disks. If
you don't have a working version of Linux you may need someone else to
create the images for you; I couldn't do it from Windows though I tried
mightily. Even Cygwin wouldn't work, at least not with my limited
knowledge.

If you lack a diskette drive you can presumably burn your own hacked
version of the first Redhat CD, but that would be even harder. Check out
the BRLTTY site.

Once you finish the installation, you can use one of the pre-linked
BRLTTY executables from brlstatx.brlspeak.net. I needed my Optacon to
get the diskette mounted and the program started. Once it's going you
can download a permanent brltty version to get the help files and
documentation.

Good luck,

Lee