SCSI modules

Listers,

I set out to prepare my slackware 8.0 installation to write to my
CDROM drive.  cdrecord bitches about the lack of sg.o.gz and
sr_mod.o.gz.

A while back, there was a discussion on this list about this issue,
but I can't find anything about how it was resolved.  The only such
module files I've found so far were for the wrong architecture.

Can someone tell me where to look for these modules, or otherwise give me
some clues on this??

Thanks.

                                 Robert Bebee