soundcard help

> editing the modules.conf only works if you have an isa card, and my
> soundblaster32 is a plug and play card.
Well editing modules.conf lets you choose which modules get loaded, modules
are like drivers, so you need to alter your modules.conf even if it is a pnp
(I don't think I'm saying anything wrong I used modconf for my sb16 pnp)
I think you can also run sndconfig if my memory is correct you should be able
to find packages under redhat, mandrake and debian
seb