accessable direct connect file sharing

Hi.
I was able to find a version of the direct connect file sharing program.
I found it on freshmeat.net.

unfortunately, it won't compile on my slackware 8.0 system.
It is looking for something called
GByteArray.
and it is trying to include glib.h
which doesn't exist.
Anyone know how to get around this, or what other  header file
I might have to include to get GByteArray or
what an equivalent to glib.h might be?

I hope this isn't to far off the topic, but I figured
since this is an accessable version of a gnome
program, perhaps it might be slightly on topic.

sorry if it isn't.

phil