SuSE and Screen Reader

Hi Tommy!

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 05:17:29 -0600, Tommy Craig wrote:

> I am just getting started with Linux. I currently have Suse pro
> installed but I haven't done anything about access so I can't use it as is.
> I Know that Suse works with a number of Braille displays but I am wanting
> something to use on a laptop.
> I currently have a Braillex 2d screen and an Elba for
> Braille displays. I was just wondering about how to use the laptop with
> speech so that it would be more portable.
> The 2d screen is a great display
> but it sure isn't portable.

Thats realy true ;-). I'm using such a brailledisplay too... Hmm, as
long as sbl don't supports only speech, you shuld use another
screenreader. Why not trying emacsspeak?
> I think it would be great to have an accessibility link on the Suse
> website. I would also appreciate any documentation you might have. I used to
> manuals from Germany. I've worked with Papenmeier for a number of years.
> (grin)

Hmm, somewhere on the German SuSE-site shuld a link to the
German blinux-sites exist. But hiere is the direct link:

http://www.blinux.suse.de

I made also a simpel English unofficial website for sbl, I'll try to
keep this page as actual as posible till the official site is online.
Look here:

http://www.schoeppi.net

Regards,
Schoeppi