Playing and Recording .wav files

	I just upgraded to a new system which appears to be
working well.  My old system had wavplay and wavrecord on it.
wavplay is not part of the Linux distributions that I saw in
dselect and it is getting pretty old unless I am missing something.

	What is the best command-line driven wav player and
recorder right now?

	I did install mpg123 and it works well as well as
/dev/dsp so I am on the way to a good sound system.

	wavplay certainly worked, but there were some .wav files
it could not play.

	Many thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Network Operations Group