application questions

Hello!

On Sam, Jan 18, 2003 at 01:24:16 -0600, michael malver wrote:
> I installed gcc, but the g++ command which should compile c++ apps doesn't
> work.  Does anyone know what I need.

gcc is the c-compiler which has not included the support for c++. On
SuSE-systems you also have to install gcc-c++ to enable c++ support and
the gpp or g++ command, maybe on your distro this is the same.

> I'm somewhat new to linux. Besides devellopment I want to use it likeI
> would my windows pc.  From the standpoint of a blind user,  is it easier to
> use emacs wtih emacspeak, or will speakup work with star office?

I don't know emacsspeak or speakup very well, but both screenreaders
won't work with staroffice, they both are limmited to the textbased
envirorment in linux. I prefere emacs when I write a programm on a
linuxsystem because its posible to configure it to have special features
included wehn writing c or c++ programms.

Regards,
Schoeppi

--
Christian Schoepplein | Beste Rockband der Welt: http://www.lily-rockt.de