What is Linux 3

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Weber Walter M wrote:

> "Running Linux 3"
>
> Now, what I want to know is Linux 3 a distro of
> Linux, such as Redhat, etc., or is it something else?

"Running Linux" is a well written beginner's book on
Linux, and I am guessing the 3 is for the 3rd edition.

You can get an earlier version of this book in
electronic format at http://www.tldp.org/, called The Linux
Installation and Getting Started Guide, or something like
that, by Matt Welsh (do a search).  I am guessing that
much of the stuff in later editions pertains to GUI
stuff, and won't interest you much; the basic text
based stuff is very stable, and doesn't change a lot.

You may also profit from looking at the same
publisher's free electronic titles, at:
http://www.oreilly.com/openbook

And O'Reilly also makes some titles available in
electronic format, for blind/VI users, for free.

LCR

--
L. C. Robinson
reply to no_spam+munged_lcr@onewest.net.invalid

People buy MicroShaft for compatibility, but get
incompatibility and instability instead.  This is award
winning "innovation".  Find out how MS holds your data
hostage with "The *Lens*"; see "CyberSnare" at
http://www.netaction.org/msoft/cybersnare.html