Re: portable speech enabled linux system

"Nektarios Mallas" <nmallas@otenet.gr> writes:

> I am also in search of a subnotebook to run linux. What kind of machine are
> you using?

I'm happily on a Fujitsu LifeBook P1110, although installation was a
bit of a hassle (needed 2.4 bootdisks for a Debian install because of
the USB floppy drive). A Redhat Net install will probably be
straightforward. Loud sound, handy earphone/mic ports at the
side. Built-in Ethernet using the Realtek 8139 chip. Small keyboard,
though - good for my tiny hands, but not so good for people with big
hands.

I hear that Mario Lang is quite happy with his new
subnotebook. <nudge nudge>
--
Sacha Chua <sacha@free.net.ph> - 4 BS CS Ateneo geekette
interests: emacs, linux, wearables, teaching compsci