From: "Janina Sajka" <janina@afb.net>
To: <blinux-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: wireless networking:

Say more. What devices, particularly?

Also, have you looked at the wireless HOWTO's?

To give you what I believe is both a kind and responsive answer:

Many of us, myself included, use Linux with wireless networking all the
time. So, can it be done? Most certainly. Can it be done with your
hardware?
Don't know. It depends.

If you're really migrating toward Linux, David, you should henceforth
look into the campatibility of hardware before you shell out money for
it. For
example, if you intend on using Red Hat, you should check the Red Hat
hardware compatibility matrix before purchasing any device of a
particular genre.
Such a discipline will certainly spare you grief.

You'll find, by the way, that hardware manufacture is not dissimilar
from software manufacture. Some vendors are response, others are not.
Some publish
their specs in great detail, others won't give you the time of day. The
same evaluations we advise on software, really do apply to hardware.

David Poehlman writes:
> From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>
>
> I am now the happy owner of a wireless networking system but it
> currently is set up in that other os.  Will my migration to linux or
at
> least my addition of linux to the mix require that I disable this or
are
> there ways to use it with drivers and such.
>
> Pointers would be helpful but please be kind.  Thanks.
>
> Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
> Reducing Technology's disabilities
> mailto:poehlman1@comcast.net
> voice: 301.949.7599