Re: UNINSTALLING LINUX PACKAGES

"Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@azboss.net> writes:

> Yes, true, thanks for the reminder about make uninstall.  But, still, you're
> pretty much at the mercy of the package's developer as to whether make

A tool called "checkinstall" can keep track of installed files and
remove them upon uninstallation.  Haven't really tried it out because
I use Debian, which has the best package management system I've
encountered so far.

--
Sacha Chua <sacha@free.net.ph> - 4 BS CS Ateneo geekette
interests: emacs, linux, wearables, teaching compsci