Re: Math programs

"Travis Roth" <travis@travisroth.com> writes:

> Does anyone know of or use any math programs under Linux?
> I have an old book that talks about Scilab and Pari, but these are
> discussed as running under Xwindow.

It really depends on what kind of mathematics you want to do.
The matlab and mathematica as well as maple programs have a command-line
interface you can use.  Those programs are quite expensive though.
I've recently attended a presentation of the program MuPad which
is avaiable for Windows and Linux, and which was evaluated to be especially
blind friendly under Windows.  Since there is a Linux version with a command-line
interface too, this should be quite useful.  It is free to download AFAIK.
Then, there is also GNU octave, which is known to resemble matlab in somewhat.

You'll have to have a look at some of those, or explain a bit more in detail
how much the program should actually be able to do.

--
CYa,
  Mario