Re: BRLTTY 3.1 with ts module fails ?

Mario Lang <mlang@teleweb.at> writes:

> Dave Mielke <dave@mielke.cc> writes:
>
>> [quoted lines by Mario Lang on November 8, 2002, at 23:40]
>>
>>>I've encountered a really strange problem here.  I've just
>>>built the new debian package for brltty, and installed it locally
>>>to test it of course.  Now the only thing I can see on that display
>>>is a single char (the left most) flickering with highspeed, and
>>>nothing else.
>>
>> Have you tried building BRLTTY directly from it's .tar.gz file?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Are you using the 3.1 release recently made available on BRLTTY's
>> web site?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Do you have access to any other model of braille display which you
>> can test as well?
>
> TSI and HandyTech, both modules fail more or les the same way.
> The TSI gives the errors I pasted, and the handytech module
> produces a display full of random chars which one character
> flickering at highspeed again.
>
>> Which kernel are you using?
> Linux lexx 2.4.19 #1 Thu Aug 29 15:11:07 CEST 2002 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.20GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
>
> glibc 2.3.1

And I've just checked and downgraded to 3.0, and everything
works again.
The errors given in brltty -n output look to me as if something
is going seriously wrong with the linux screen module.  The dimentions
determined clearly aren't right.  And I've done nothing fancy
to my terminal either...

--
CYa,