[Madlug] Fw: RE: linux format tools / Daisy project (fwd)

Hello,
Below is a message that I received from my local LUG about Linux tools for
Daisy. i also know from another source that Emacspeak implements Daisy
3.0. www.bookshare.org now has an unpack tool that works in Linux. It
would be interesting to know if it is possible to load a bookshare Daisy
book into Emacspeak and then read the screen with Brltty. There should be
no difficulty. I assume that Emacspeak doesn't HAVE to speak, since I
don't have a speech synthesizer or a sound card. i am deaf as well as
blind.
Thanks to anyone who tries this.
John

--