Re: Using ISO Images

The Red Hat installer has long supported network installations via ftp, nfs, and http. It also supports loop mounting iso images provided you're not
formatting the particular partition where they reside. In fact, this is how I personally do most of my upgrades, as I don't want to format /home and
lose all my data. Actually, it's probably the fastest way to install, too.

Thomas Stivers writes:
> From: Thomas Stivers <stivers_t@ev1.net>
>
> On 11/08/02  7:51 AM -0600, John J. Boyer wrote:
> > Can they be used over a network? Is there a
> > way I can get into them as though they were directories on my machine?
>
> You can mount them as you would a filesystem.
> mount -o loop cdimage.iso /mnt/cdrom
>
> You could probably mount an image over nfs or smb, but I haven't done it.
>
> > Thanks.
> > John
> >

> > --
> > Computers to Help People, Inc.