Re: Sony cd writer problem (Martin)

Hi,
If cdrecord -scanbus does not show one the scsi devices, but the message
to run cdrecord -scanbus, in my experience, it does not pick up the
cdwriter.
I had this under kernel 2.2 and the reasons was one of the following:
The ide cdrom driver loded and grabed the cdwriter as an ide device and
saw it as a cdrom.
To prevent this from happening one puts a statment in lilo.conf like:
append="hdc=ide-scsi" after the root=/dev/hd5 or what ever.
If that allone did not work i used to do:
modprobe ide-scsi before i ran cdrecord -scanbus.
hth Willem