Re: Sony cd writer problem (Martin)

	When I give the command
mkisofs -l -R -q /home/martin/dsp |cdrecord -dev=/dev/scd0 -dummy  -
I get

scsidev: '/dev/scd0'
devname: '/dev/scd0'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
cdrecord: Read-only file system. Cannot open '/dev/scd0'.
 Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
Cdrecord 1.10 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg Schilling

	If you do run cdrecord -scanbus, it tells you to run
cdrecord -scanbus for possible targets.  How special!  And, yes,
I was root when I ran those commands.

	The messages that give a minus 2 for the target and LUN
ar the last useful messages.  I think all the rest are just
attempts by cdrecord to make sense of the situation and be
helpful.

	If I try one of the syntax suggestions of just the target
and the LUN as in 0,0 instead of 0,0,0, I start getting my old
familiar /dev/pg0 routine again.

	I did check in to a couple of other possibilities which,
like many long shots, turned out to be dead ends.  I put in
parallel printer support with no change and also checked on the
parallel IDE kernel support which is so far off the mark that it
can't possibly be the reason for this problem.

	The other system I have access to that works does not
have a /dev/pg0 and doesn't seem to need it.