pine and filters.

Hi listers.
I would like to switch my email completely over to Linux but I have the
following questions.
Is it possible with the pine program to create different folders for my
lists and have pine deliver my messages appropriately?
Is there any way in pine to view my messages aranged by subject and then
delete an entire subject if I don't want to read it? For example, right now
in outlook, I may recieve a thred on a list with the subject line "linux is
the best, windows is garbage." On this subject there may be let's say 15
messages. Since I am tired of topics like this, in outlook, if I have my
and all 15 messages are gone with a key stroke. Can I do something similar
with pine? If not, is there any other program that will do this?
Thanks for any help.
Regards.
Nektarios.