From: Carin Headrick [mailto:headrick2001@rogers.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 3:48 PM
To: blinux-list@redhat.com
Subject: really general questions.

Hi.  I will just say right now that I will probably seem really dumb on this
list, but I'm helping a friend who is blind and was asking me about Linux,
and has no internet access.

So, the dumbest of the dumb questions, what would be the best screen-reader
for Linux?  I've seen a lot about emacspeak, but will that do the job for
all linux utilities?  Where can I get it for him?  I went to a couple
places, expecting exe's, yep, I've spent too long with windows, and can't
figure out what to download.  Is ithard to learn?  A lot of the descriptions
I found sound like they're speaking Greek, and I thought I was good at
computer stuff.  I tried to sign up to the emacspeak list, but can't tell if
I'm on or not.

Thanks in advance for being patient with me,

Carin