Re: Six-key Entry

"John J. Boyer" <director@chpi.org> writes:

> Is there a Linux program which implements six-key entry, that is, uses the
> sdfjkl keys as a Braillewriter keyboard?

AFAIK, no.

> Is there a dos program with this feature which is open-source?

hmm, even if it existed, I don't think you could reuse
alot of code.  First question would be, is this targeted for X, or
console usage?  In X, it may probably be quite easy.
In the console, you'll have to switch the keyboard into
raw-mode first, and that means your program will only work
on a local console.

>From there, it should be really trivial, given a braille->ascii and vice-versa
table.

--