Re: Installing Debian Woody with BRLTTY

Hi Mario and all.
That's interesting; my available in testing says it's 2.99.5 that's available
(/var/lib/dpkg/available) and I update and upgrade regularly. will check out why
that info isn't there.

actually, now that I remember, the reason I had so much trouble at the time i
tried to use the debian package was that I had picked a way of editing with
debconf that got me very confused; don't remember now what I had chosen but it
was a big mistake and it took a while for me to figure it out enough to change
my choice. Haven't tried debian's brltty since, so it probasbly really is ok if
you use an editing method that works for you.
I was using the braillelite, and it seems to me at the time that the information
on it said that speech drivers weren't implemented.
If I can figure out why my /var/lib/dpkg/available still is listing an old
package, I may get the package and test it out. Or I can just go and download it
anyway and try it. My comments were based on a trial several months ago so if I
am going to comment reliably I probably should give it another try.

Cheryl