Computer List

I'd be very surprised indeed if you can't do all this on an aged Pentium II.
Programming might need more than that, but probably not if you're a beginner.
A new entry-level Celeron or Duron will be heaps.

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 13:42, ADFM wrote:
> I think this might be off topic. Please forgive me, I was not sure who to
ask.

> My mother wants to get a computer. She is not a heavy computer user, so a
few months down the road I will probably be given it. I was asked to put
together a list of what I would like to have for a computer. I do lots of
email, web browseing, trying out of Adaptive Software demos and computer
programming. I also do alot of word processing, database work, Daisy and/or
audible books, use of my older SCSI scanner, (that uses a PCI SCSI card),
learning and using different OSes, (specifically Linux and Windows), and a
speech user. Down the road I can see trying  Voice Recognition software,
getting into audio broadcastting and moveing my web site to my own hard
drive. Could you please give me manufacture recommendations and critique the
list below? Thank you.

--

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.