BRLTTY don't want to run on a floppy !

Another possibility is the mount options, it maybe that /etc/fstab has
"noexec" amongst the mount options. As root, override it:
mount -o exec,ro /dev/fd0 /floppy

Note that "ro" means read-only. I recommend you use it unless you do want to
write to the floppy.

--

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.