screen utility

If Ctrol-A k doesn't work then simply exiting the shell for that screen
will terminate the screen.

You can also use ctrl-A d
to detach the entire screen session and return to your
original login console. Executing the screen -r command
will re-attach you to your screen sessions and you can switch between
the screens once again.

If you exit your screens one by one, then exiting the final
screen will give you a message: Screen is terminating. and you will
be back at your original login  shell prompt once again.

Hope this helps.

Rudy