screen utility

Hi,
Ok, my screen appears to not be behaving as everyone elses.
When I type in the command screen I get a blank screen and cannot do anything until I control-c the thing.

I logged into a different Irix server I have access to and screen works fine there so I am using the right command.
So any suggestions?
I would like to get a different copy of screen, either a binary or source from somewhere and try a new installation. Where can I get this?
Thanks.

**  Travis Roth
www.TravisRoth.com
travis@travisroth.com