samba

Red Hat has not used that file for some time. Rather, there's a
directory tree in /etc/xinetd.d/

You should enable swat which you will in that directory. In my
opinion, it's far and away the best way to configure your samba
server, and there's item specific help for each question on the
swat web pages.

PS: You use swat by http connection to localhost:901. I have
always just used lynx to fill out the swat form.