From: blinux-list-admin@redhat.com
Vener
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 1:18 PM
To: blinux-list
Subject: Re: redhat and console mode

The value of the /etc/inittab line is that it will generate a
new login prompt if you exit your session.

If you want multiple virtual consoles, try the screen utility.
It becomes second nature to switch screens and they allow almost
any command line or curses based application to operate in its own
virtual window. I will often have a lynx browser, a telnet session,
an editor and a few standby ksh screens running at once with
no problems.

Rudy