dhcp problems with loopspk and redhat 7.2

Wow, don't I need to specify a host or dhcp server or something to get it
to work? The network card does work, and it loads up, as I set things up on
install, as I upgraded over the net and used it before, but it's been
awhile since I've played around with it, since my kernel had to be
recompiled with speakup because I used to get a ton of modprobe errors, but
those have since gone. I heard some servers need a host specified, but
windows never did require special set up, just set to obtain an IP
automatically and I was online.