REDHAT LINUX AND SPEAKUP

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

> The "bootability" of a cdrom is already included in the .iso images Red Hat
> is providing.

True, but it breaks in the Speakup Modified Red Hat Distribution.
Therefore the hack, while we figure out the true fix.

So, if you want to install Red Hat without speech, or using some
other access technology, then use Red Hat.

If you mean to use Speakup and the Speakup Modified Red Hat
distribution, pay attention. Red Hat broke access as respects
text menus in version 7.3. This is true not only in the
installation, but also in various installed tools like the setup
command. The issue seems to be newt, and Bill is looking at
downgrading newt in order to fix this problem for our
community--while we work on a more permanent fix with newt and
the Red Hat decision makers.