REDHAT LINUX AND SPEAKUP

Hmmm, I like Alan's advice. I would recommend checking this out.

You don't need to get a bootable CD ROM out of the process,
because you can create a bootable floppy from the image files,
and DOS & Windows imaging tools, provided on the first
installation CD ROM.

If you go this route, Michael, get the three installation CD ROM
images and the documentation disk. You can get by without the
source for now, and possibly forever.