Which distribution?

Hi

Sorry but this must be the most widely asked question.  Which
unfortunately, very few of us are willing to answer.  As we so easily
get into a distribution war.  Perhaps you could turn the question around
and ask what distribution will meet these needs........?

All the distributions have large web sites.  So you might want to start
by visiting them:

www.debian.org
www.redhat.com
www.slackware.com

Hopefully, they're in alphebetical order.

Look at their documentation as it is likely that you'll need to read a
lot.  So that the distribution that uses a language structure and layout
that suits you is a big plus.

HTH
Gena

Blindness Advocacy and Self Help Online www.bashonline.org