pricewatch.com

Well the page doesn't work on edbrowse either.
I saved it to a file and checked the file type.
It is gzip compressed, and when deflated via gunzip,
it gives proper html.
Trouble is, neither lynx nor edbrowse knows to deflate it.
The order to deflate is usually given in the http header.
We are told that it is compressed,
and which tool to use to expand it.
But I looked at their header and there is no such command.
It says, among other things,

content-type: text/html

That means it's text, to be rendered as html, no compression.
Well that's what it's suppose to be.
There are some secret codes however, which probably tell microsoft explorer
to uncompress it.
The page comes from a microsoft server.
So once again, Microsoft sucks!

I'm not sure there is any way arond it.
In edbrowse, I could probably add some code to force gunzip
at the user's request, whether the header says to or not.
Or I could learn the secret Microsoft code to uncompress,
if that's what's going on.
I think lynx users are going to be out of luck for a while.

Karl