Handytech BrailleTop with Brltty

[quoted lines by nath31 on March 28, 2002, at 11:43]

Hi:

>I tried again to use my Handytech BrailleTop with brltty without succes. I
>tried this using the Debian brltty package.

Which version of BRLTTY is in this package? Your system log should contain a
message which contains this information. It's generated right when BRLTTY is
started.

>The driver HT is present in this
>package but when i choose it my braille display displays only a few points
>and no comprehensive caracters. I think the brailletop is similar to the
>handitech braille window models then it should be work !

The HandyTech driver autodetects the display. Please also check your system log
for a message indicating which kind of display BRLTTY thinks you have. The
message should contain the word "detected".

It'd be helpful if you could try with the latest BRLTTY release (2.99.7),
downloadable from: http://mielke.cc/brltty/

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com