ocr programs

Ok, I know this topic comes up on and off, but I haven't really found anybody
giving out any definitive results. I want to know: Has anybody presently found
in linux, either free or commercially, a program that we can use without X and
that scans accurately enough to actually make it worthwhile to do scanning in
linux?
Thanks.