scanners: usb adapter

Cheryl,

Sorry but ISA to USB does not exist. ISA is simply too old,
and all the adapters I have seen are PCI to USB. I am not
even sure that ISA has enough bandwidth to be able to manage
USB speed.

So, one solution is the PCI to USB card -- but I am not sure
that can be managed by Linux. There are a lot of drivers for
Windows, of course, but I guess that's out of the equation...

I think the best solution for you would be to buy a cheap
SCSI card for your PCI bus, and plug an SCSI scanner into
it. I know Adaptec now makes pretty cheap and adequate
SCSI cards -- and most Linux distributions manage SCSI very
well.

Finding a SCSI scanner may take you a little bit more time,
but the price should be roughly equal to the USB version,
and you'll probably have less trouble making it work with
Linux.

If you don't want to upgrade your motherboard, the SCSI
solution seems the best.

Hope this helps!

--

Gil Andre          gandre@arkeia.com