missing characters

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak on March 16, 2002, at 23:18]

>I don't have it out and can't replicate what I did to accomplish this. I know it
>had something to do with the dc-in or out and the dts settings and I did have to
>play with it somewhat.

That sounds like you were enabling what's known as "hardware flow control".
To be effective, it needs to be on on both ends.  I don't know how to turn it
on for the VB. For Linxu, however, you do it with the command:

    stty </dev/ttyS0 crtscts

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com