Comparison Between Uxdots and Brltty

Hello!

Why not useing suse-blinux? It supports nearly the same
brailledisplays as brltty, but its more flexibele in handling. Its
posible to build own profiles for reading out special
screenattributes for every application that runs in textmode, you
can use mbrola as softwarespeech or apollo and infovox as
hardwaresynth for speechoutput (every synth, thats connected via
serialcable can be added), xou can add own speechfilters  and some
brailledisplaies are detected automaticly during installation of
the susedistro wich makes it posible to install and configure the
system for blind people...

I'm using suse-blinux for more than one year and I've not seen a
better screenreader for linux...

Ciao,
Schoeppi

> Hey, John:
>
> I just bet that someone would write a driver for 1,000
> Euros, even if someone isn't willing to write one fro free.
>
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, John J. Boyer wrote:
>
> > Mario,
> > I would recommend brltty all the time. If there isn't a driver
for a
> > particular display I hope someone comes forward to write one.
> > John
> > On Tue, 25
> > Jun 2002, Mario Lang wrote:

> > > Yes, I once installed uxdots for a friend.
> > >
> > > It was a pain, as it is a binary package, and the installer
failed.
> > > So I had to manually figure where it expects it's files.
PITA!

> > > Unless you have a display which is only supported by uxDots,
I'd
> > > recomment brltty.
> > >

> --
>
> 				Janina Sajka, Director