LINUX ON LAPTOP

I would doubt that you could swap devices to proceed with the
installation.

If you have a means to create .iso images on your hd of the two
7.2 installation cdroms, you can install from a boot floppy using
the iso images.

What exactly happens when you boot to the CDROM? You do do it
from  a cold start, right?