stamps from usps.com

Has anybody succeeded in buying stamps from usps.com, and if so, how did you do
it?
first I tried lynx, but as soon as I clicked on buy stamps I got a message about
(you guessed it) Netscape and IE and also about enabling javascript in your
browser. So I switched into links. with links i was able to sign up and put
items in my cart, but now it won't let me update my cart or check out.
Am I missing a link somewhere or is this site really inaccessible as far as
actually buying anything?

Cheryl