All Ears: Library Service Seeks New Digital Player

How hard is it to install linux on a mac without sight? It sounds like
things should be possible to do like that. Does it run linux more
efficiently than intel based systems? Of course they're easy to get cheap,
even on online auctions and the like. That's why people probably run linux
on cheaper mac's.