From: blinux-list-admin@redhat.com
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2002 10:00 AM
To: blinux-list@redhat.com
Subject: RE: setting the clock

[quoted lines by Travis Roth on June 15, 2002, at 09:41]

>Earlier on this list the following command was given to set the date:
>    date MMDDhhmmCCYY.ss
>
>Can someone give me a working example of how this format actually works, I do not understand the format string.
>Thanks.

Uppercase letters refer to the date and lowercase letters refer to the time.
Each number must be specified as two digits, i.e. leading zeros must be
supplied. The numbers must be specified in the following order: month, date,
hour, minute, century, year, second. A dot (period) must be inserted between
the year and the second.

For example: If it's March 4, 2002, at 05:06:07, you'd specify:

    date 030405062002.07

The format looks rather complex, but that's because it's been designed so that
the lesser needed fields can be omitted without ambiguity.

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com